BioTop Turf Treatment
A biology inoculant derived from Vermi Compost.
BioTop is the missing link for adding beneficial biology at times of renovation.
How does BioTop do?
- Adds a beneficial SRD (species rich diversity) biology to your soil community at regeneration time
- Promotes quicker root development of newly laid turf areas
- Enhances germination of newly seeded areas
- Promotes deeper rooting with less scarring
- Assists foliar and root disease suppression
- Reduces chemical and fertiliser inputs
- Assists in the reduction of thatch and thatch fungus
- Suppresses parasitic nematodes, fusarium, fairy ring, dollar spot, dry patch, thatch fungus and leaf spot diseases
- Releases plant nutrients naturally, reducing fertiliser costs
- Helps convert macro and micro nutrients and aids in effective uptake of fertilisers, lengthening periods between fertiliser applications
- Improves stress resistance
- Effective for re-generation on oil and other pollution spills
How does BioTop work?
BioLift tilts the balance of good biology in your profile so that there is more good biology present than bad. Mineral top dressings help with the drainage but are inert. BioTop adds to and 'lifts' the biological activity of beneficial fungi, bacteria, mycorrhizae and protozoa. The micro-organisms are also natural plant hormones which encourages root growth and strengthens plant tissue.
What is it made from?
It is derived from worm casts. Worms can consume their own weight of organic matter everyday. Worm casts are a concentration of the micro organisms which were present in the matter that they consumed. The also contain beneficial yeasts, bacteria and fungi as well as plant hormones and enzymes.
Is there any scientific proof it works?
Technical research at Ohio State University in the USA, and anecdotal evidence from users in the UK, has shown that the micro-organisms in BioTop enhances the soil biology community and this helps to explain the rapid regeneration results obtained with BioTop.
Why not chemical fungicides?
Chemical fungicides kill the good biology as well as the bad. They totally destroy the natural balance of the soil community.
Is BioTop a fertiliser?
BioTop is not a fertiliser but the beneficial biology will feed off thatch in the root zone. Part of BioTop's bacterial make-up enhances the cationic exchange of nutrients converting your fertilisers into a form more available to the plant. Used as part of the XL ProBio programme, experience of effectiveness from users shows up to a 30% reduction in fertiliser costs.
Is BioTop safe?
BioTop is perfectly safe for staff to handle and apply - no special safety precautions are required.
Guide to maintain Turf Health
Apply at a rate of 30gm per m2 = 15kgs per 500m2
Apply by hand
Apply by hand